Onward

Today we left Boone headed just south of Atlanta, to Henry County, Georgia. As it was mostly a driving day, there's not much to report.... except our first visit to Bojangle's (it was quite good) and a sidestep to Neal's Creek Community just south of Anderson, South Carolina, where our Vandivers had quite an impact.

We're still a little unsure who did what and when... but we think our Edward (my 5th great grandfather, b. 1748 d. 1837) was a charter member of the Neal's Creek Baptist Church. One of the Vandivers (we think our Edward, but could be a close relation) donated the land on which the church and cemetery are built. Somewhere there's a marker that says as much, but we couldn't find it. We found lots of other Vandivers buried there, though. Upon further searching after we reached the hotel, I see that a John Vandiver is credited with the land donation... don't know how he's connected, but we'll see.

After extensive picture-taking of Vandiver markers, we continued on to Georgia, arriving in the Atlanta area just in time to sit through rush hour. We checked in, then headed out for dinner at Silver Bay Seafood. I'm sure I would enjoy it if I ordered something different the next time. I got whitefish because I wanted to know what the difference was between that and all the other "white" fish I've had and liked. I swallowed a fish bone, so that soured me on the whole deal. Plus... Pepsi. Ew.

Anywho... a generally uneventful day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curiouser and Curiouser

Home

London, Too