Skipping Ahead...The Great Valley

Well clearly I fell down on the job regarding blogging the Maui trip. My only excuse is I didn't take my laptop and it's really annoying to blog on a tablet. 

But on to the next thing. This week is my trip with mom to South Carolina to stalk dead people. We moved it up to spring this year instead of fall for myriad reasons. So far, we're off to a bit of a slow start, as mom's flights were delayed and I'm just killing time in a Starbuck's outside Charlotte waiting for her to land.

Not all bad, though, as it gave me some time to wander a bit. Primarily, I looked for scenic views, and was rewarded with a brief section of the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have to say that the drive through Virginia, in particular the Shenandoah Valley, is one of my absolute favorites.




I suppose it's fitting that I would choose this particular lookout as my destination as the sign explains how our folks ended up coming through here...they were among the Scotch-Irish pioneers referenced here. And of course, I've been tracing the valley basically all the way from New York as is indicated here.



I thought of our trip to Statesville a few years back as I was making my way through. Thought about stopping there, but hadn't prepared to spend any time there...so just passed it by.

I'll pick up mom at the Charlotte airport and then we'll make our way to Columbia, South Carolina---the focus of our trip. Tomorrow, we hit the archives!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Curiouser and Curiouser

Home

Epworth